10.06.2008

I WANT TO LIKE DEXTER.

I want to like Dexter, I really do. But it sucks. Aside from the premise, which I think is interesting and could yield a great show, nothing about Dexter is really all that great. The story-line is okay and I guess it's enough to keep me coming back, but the acting is repulsive. I hate virtually all of the actors and actresses.

The sister is by far the worst. The whole "I want my shield to make daddy proud" routine has been beat beyond recognition. Is it a dead horse? Is it a dead cow? Is it a dead great dane? I just can't tell, it's so badly beaten.

And Dexter's inner monologue is painfully redundant. Oh, your dad made you this monster, oh you're soooo conflicted, ohhh, the code, oh you're in a tight spot. We get it. It's gotten to the point now that I DVR episodes so that I can fast forward through half of the show. I don't really want to hear them talk or see any of the acting, I just want a snapshot of the story.

I guess the silver lining to all of this sucking is that it only takes me about 30 minutes to watch each episode.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...

It is boring... I'm not sure I made it through the 2nd episode.