2.20.2007

A DOG IS LOOKING AT ME.

It's watching me through the window of the coffee shop I've adopted as my home office. And it asked me why I haven't been writing. When I replied that I didn't know, I didn't have anything to write about it said, "why don't you write about that man who yelled at his dog yesterday."

Okay.

Yesterday I was walking down the street in the extreme, bitter cold. I passed a man walking his Dalmatian, who had stopped and was drinking from a large puddle of garbage water. At first I thought it was disgusting, but then when I thought about it from the dog's point of view, I realized it was delicious for a dog. Water filled with all sorts of street and trash flavor. The man was trying to pull the dog away, but the dog wasn't having it. This caused the man to begin shouting at the dog.

"Will you come on! Come on! You can have all the water you want at home! If you're so thirsty you can drink water when we get home."

Yes, but not trash water.

No comments: