8.28.2007

ABSURD AND ABSURD.

Because I'm interested--and because it's part of my job--I've been following Team USA in the FIBA Americas Championship. It's currently round two and I'm watching a nail biter between the US and Puerto Rico. We're clinging to a slim twenty-nine point lead. Drama at its finest. Anyways, today I was checking up on the Brazil game stats (not that it was any closer) and was greeted on the FIBA Americas page by this badass FIBA mascot:


Huh. Nothing says basketball like a blue muppet in a backwards cap. With gold rings on every finger. And a sweet Lucky 7s necklace. Seriously FIBA, can't a cartoon muppet at least get some platinum? It's not costing you anything. And no earings?

Then I was browsing through an e-mail from Ad Age, an advertising magazine that sends out daily industry updates. In addition to the most recent buzz as to what's taking place in the industry, they sometimes offer what they consider to be helpful articles written by industry insiders. This was in the mix today:


You want one essential tip that will help you with your next phone interview? Never, ever, take tips from an article entitled, "How Can I Kick Some Serious Butt in a Phone Interview." If you're to the point where you're relying on a 200-word article to supply you with some magical formula to nailing a phone interview, you're a long ways from working in advertising. Hell, you're a long ways from working in anything. I mean, are you really going to ask Brad?


Really? Brad? Really? Come on now.

No comments: