1.25.2008

HE DONE DID IT NOW.

You have to admire the man. No one, to my recollection, has made such great use of the "mayor" job title as Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Of course, he has to be the Mayor of Detroit. Who else could lead a floundering city back to greatness? I mean, if you can have wild parties, support a large entourage of pals and take recreational vacations on the city's dime, you're doing all you can, right? No way. You also need to sleep with your subordinates and leave a text-message trail documenting your infidelity.

"Don't worry baby, they can't track text messages, those are in the computer phone."


After winning back our #1 most dangerous city in America title, in the middle of the annual hated "winter," Kwame piles on by bringing back this little scandal; thus vaulting Detroit into its firm position as "City Where No One Will Ever Want To Live, Ever."

I have to give Kwame some credit though. If I were mayor, I hope I'd have the balls to do all the shit he allegedly does. There's got to be a voice in the back of his head that says things like, "Hell yeah you should do that, you're the MAYOR!" And, "What are they going to do, fire you? You're the MAYOR!" I mean, seriously, how many times do you get to be the mayor of a major US city? Might as well make the most of it.

No comments: