7.10.2008

CAN I GET SOME?

It happens to everyone. You get some song stuck in your head and you can't stop repeating one chorus, over and over and over and over and over again. In my head, I often get some warped version of the song, where the words are replaced with words that might make sense, might not. Last weekend, I was getting my hair cut and some combination of these items put a song in my head:

-A little boy asking his parents something over and over again in Spanish.
-The song "Damaged" by Danity Kane.
-A hunger and love for pizza.

The result was a warped version of the song, where I imagined the kid was asking his parents "Can we get some pizza?" Pizza. Pizza. By replacing "How you gonna fix it" with "Can I get some pizza?" a song was born. I sang it all weekend long, inspiring a house full of people to sing along with me and to eat pizza. I still can't get rid of it. Here, so you all have to suffer my fate, is "Can I get some?" the music video.



You might have to crank up your volume to hear it. Then again, you might not want to.

No comments: