1.04.2007

WELCOME TO 2007.

We'll open 2007 with a little story from Santa Monica, CA, courtesy of the Hawk:

"Leaving the grocery store, I saw a woman w/ an ohio state sweatshirt pass by, and instinctively said "yuucckggghhh". She heard me, yelled "excuse me?"... I said Ohio State is disgusting, and she gave me the finger!

Ha.

GO FLORIDA.

Gator chomp."


It's great that he actually told her Ohio State is disgusting. It makes me feel proud, even though Michigan got stomped in the Rose Bowl. Oh well. You can't spell Lloyd without two L's.

The only good story I have from New Year's Eve this year took place at 4:45 am. Laying awake on an air mattress in a friend's guest room, I was listening to the party wind down. At some point I heard the last people leave. Then came the sounds of glasses and bottles being shuffled around. It quickly went from that to the sound of loud crashing, like someone was cleaning up by collecting all of the bottles around the house and throwing them into the sink. I listened for about ten minutes, becoming more and more disturbed by the loud, awful crashing noises of glass breaking. I kept thinking, "Man, this girl must be really wasted or really mad to clean up by breaking all of this glass."

Eventually I had to get up and go see what the situation was. Turns out, there was no cleaning taking place. Instead, there was a dog party, involving two dogs who had been trying to get at the appetizers on the kitchen counter. Unfortunately, the appetizers had been shielded behind a wall of beer bottles and wine glasses, which were now shattered all over the floor and sink. I reprimanded the dogs and pulled them into the guest room, effectively ending their glass breaking party, and went back to bed.

The next morning, amazed that no one else had been curious enough about the repeated shattering of glass to get out of bed, I asked my brother if he heard it. His answer? Yes, he heard it, but he thought it was Beth cleaning up.

Both of us must have strange ideas of what cleaning sounds like.

I better accomplish something in 2007. That's my resolution. Accomplish something. Anything.

No comments: