3.22.2008

SECRET COUNTRY SONGS.

Everyone has secret songs; songs they're ashamed to admit they love, but deep down they can't get enough of. For some reason I've developed an affinity for these two songs. My secret country songs.

Something Like That, Tim McGraw


My heart don't forget a song like that. I might get the chorus tattooed on my back. In related news, I have a friend who worked on a Frito Lay commercial shoot with Tim McGraw. He showed up really late, apparently coked out, and bailed early. Didn't talk to any of the people there and was a real ass. I guess that good ol' boy polish wears off when you become a millionaire.

Gone Country, Alan Jackson


Now this one I'm truly ashamed to love. I mean look at Alan Jackson. Really look at him. He IS country. Look at 'dem boots.

3 comments:

gayle said...

i would love to talk to your friend who worked with tim on the frito lay commercial. no way tim showed up for any professional engagement 'coked up' or on any other drug. frito lay is sponsoring his tour and he is too smart to take that kind of risk. i've met tim many times and anyone, i mean anyone (except your friend) will tell you that he is an incredibly genuine, professional, respectful human being. he treats everyone kindly. not saying a person can't have a bad day and he's only human but 'coked out'.....come on.

Luther said...

Unfortunately this is my secret country song.

the mouth said...

I'm sure it's possible he was having a bad day, just relaying what I heard. My Tim McGraw knowledge is next to zero, so I wouldn't claim that this is 100% accurate.