11.10.2006

I AM POWERFUL.

One thing I love doing is rating songs on iTunes. All day long I sit at work with my iTunes on "party shuffle" and rate music. It's a great feeling to know you're in charge of letting a song know how good it is. I'm pretty generous with my three and four-star ratings, but when it comes to five stars you've got to be an outstanding song. Likewise, to get two stars you have to be a song I don't really want to listen to very often. And I don't even use one star. Instead, I change the name of the song to "delete" and then every so often I throw out all the songs with the title "delete". It's like trading in a life sentence for the death penalty. Why have a bunch of songs that have one star hanging around taking up memory? If you give a song one star, that pretty much means it sucks.

This process makes me feel powerful.

No comments: