4.18.2007

PROOF OF IDIOCY.

I love Netflix. On par with laundry service, it's one of the best services I've discovered since moving to New York. Today I was browsing around, adding movies to my queue and I found proof that most of America is dumb. In the Netflix Top 100 movies I found these gems:

14. Click

I like Adam Sandler as much as the next guy, but even I could see this was going to be garbage. I credit it's #14 ranking to the fact that it's still a relatively new release on DVD.

31. The Lake House

Holy crap, this looks awful. A movie "exploring a mysterious mailbox that somehow bridges time." Whoa. That sounds like a dynamite premise. Get Keanu Reeves to sign on and you've got yourself a classic.

And the crown jewel of stupidity:

38. Must Love Dogs

The reason I find this to be the ultimate proof of retardation among American consumers is this: average user rating, 2 stars; release date, 2005. 2005! That means two years later it's still in the top 50 most popular movies rented by people. That's two years of bad reviews. Two years for the "new release" lure to wear off. Here's the main point of conflict in this cinematic train wreck: "...there's just one problem: While this second eligible bachelor's ad states that his dream woman 'Must Love Dogs,' neither he nor Sarah actually owns one." Oh no! What will happen when they find out? I might rent this just to see how horrible it is.

No, I won't.

Honorable idiot mention:

11. National Treasure

15. Hitch

44. Just Like Heaven

78. RV

No comments: