4.30.2007

THE DREAM.

My new job involves working on Nike's online advertising content, mostly for a project that is launching in August (stay tuned). But part of my responsibilities were supposed to involve working on the Nike Basketball and Nike Football websites, which is great since I love basketball and football. Here's the results of my first small basketball assignment--to write "Nike" summaries of the Pistons vs. Orlando and Golden State vs. Dallas playoff series.

GAME 3 & 4 PLAYOFF SUMMARIES

What I'm allowed to write is a little limiting. For example, I can't use team names, like the Pistons or Mavs or Warriors (some issue with the league). I'm also only allowed to mention Nike athletes, which isn't bad. And since they're summaries, they have to be short, so it's tough to get a lot of game action or personality into it. But hey, part of my job is getting paid to write about basketball. Can't argue with that.

Underused phrase that works good for kids:

You're not the boss of me.

No, you're not. Unless you're my boss and you're reading this. Then you are.

And here's a rule I learned today:

The Girls Never Tell Rule.

Thanks Brandy. You're a wealth of knowledge.

No comments: