10.30.2006

FOLLOW UP TO THE INTERNET DATE.

After getting great feedback about my absolute train-wreck of an internet date, I thought I should do a small follow up. First, by letting you know that drunk date e-mailed me to go out again. And what did she ask in her first sentence?

"Hey, did you get home alright last night?"

Did I get home all right? ME? Maybe she doesn't remember what happened, because it clearly should have been me asking that question. And I actually felt a little bit bad that I hadn't asked her to call when she got home safe. I guess at that point my sense of shock had overridden my chivalry.

Here are the best responses I got to that story:

"that's great. I like it a lot. I don't blame her for showing up drunk. I'd probably do the same thing. I can't believe you didn't..."

"that's your future wife, two un-employed winos. you should have fucked her in the station wagon. pussy."

"I think you might beat my internet dating story where I ended up in the Chelsea Hotel with a masturbator."

And although that night can be filed in the "good for story, bad for sex" box, it seems to have jump-started my lady life. The next night I met a girl on the train (which I've always wanted to do! finally), then hooked up with another girl I've been trying to date and also lined up some "casual action" with a girl I used to see.

Boom.

No comments: