2.11.2008

THINK HORRIBLE THOUGHTS.

I have a friend who, once he starts thinking about something awful, can't stop thinking about that awful thing. I'm not referring to war or a flood or dog fighting or a relative passing. But more in the person injury realm. Things such as falling and breaking your neck, or sticking the sharpened end of a lead pencil down your pee-hole. Once it gets in his brain, it stays there.

I have a lesser version of this disorder, which causes me to think of what terrible injuries can occur from things. For instance, as I've stated here before (I think), when walking alone during the summer I almost always think about an air conditioner falling on my head from a window. After a snowstorm in the winter, I imagine a giant icicle falling from the top of a building and smashing my head. And every time I watch hockey, I think of this happening, but never believed it actually would:



I don't know if I can ever watch hockey again. Watching this replay gives me nightmares. Richard Zednik, the player whose neck was cut, is in stable condition. But my fragile mind is in a sad, sickened state.

1 comment:

GtotheV said...

Thanks. I will no forever have the fear of ACs and Icicles!!!